Win7 32 bit wont connect to internnet , wireless or LAN

Nantech

A neighbour has brought in an old desktop, she finally upgraded from win XP to Win 7. Not sure who upgraded it for her.
So I start trouble shooting connect 4 devices to modem wireless and wired all work.
Go and Locate WLAN AutoConfig service, changed the Startup type to Automatic hit start apply ok restarted the comp.
Nada nothing, next unplugged cable plugged the cable back in try again error connection failed 651.
Next, I decided to reset TCP/IP with administrative rights.
netsh int ip reset reset.log Hit enter it reset rebooted comp tried to connect "Connection failed with error 651"
This computer is doing my head in, what have I missed?

This is where I am at now
err_zpsbfzajtf1.jpg

Attachments

• err.jpg
    err.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • err.jpg
    err.jpg
  • err.jpg
    err.jpg
HMM, First stick with just the wired Local Area Connection and move to wifi after that.

Second: Leave the WAN side alone; The router will set that for you.

Now, let's get your equipment fully understood; typically we see;
  1. isp===modem--ethernet-to--pc
Or
  • 2. isp===modem--router--ethernet-to--pc
Which is like your wiring AND what is the modem, router make and model numbers?

Dodo go hub.NBN
HUAWEI
Mod: HG659
Name:Home gateway
Power rating 12v;2A

capture-lights_zpsynfm4oqk.png

Back view

capture-devices_zpsszapqkwu.png

Setup

capture-adsl_zpsrqwmcaab.png

Ok So now I have resorted to recreating a dial up connection., so, it copietd it then deleted the old one.
try to redial still nothing, so I disabled global autotune back to cmd
Netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

Spinning away but nothing, cannot connect grrrrrr....
Had enough so, I unticked IPv6, went into Device manager find the thing and uninstall the, then changed startup in msconfig from normal to selective, hid all Microsofty crap and the disabled everything else clean boot and nothing!! Same stupid error.

I am missing something I know it , just can't find what.

S L O W down! If you changed ANYTHING in the HG659 at all:
  • disconnect PC and all other devices from the HG659
  • with power still applied to the router, take a paper clip, insert one end into the REST hole, PRESS AND HOLD for at least 10 seconds
This will return the device to the out-of-box condition.

Connect ONLY the PC to the router; WAIT.

ASSUMING you have a valid service with the DSL provider, you should soon get:
  • gateway address
  • PC address
  • DNS pair of addresses
You can see the first two with a COMMAND PROMPT request IPCONFIG
Report what you see please.

Never touched the setting in the modem, did as you said, stripped it down to one one of one.
However, I noticed a kink in the cable, so ran basic diagnostic cable changed it all is well now in the land of IBM Prehistoric hardware. (*Sigh SMH* I know I'm an *****)

Now who ever she got to do the upgrade also put various software on it and she asked me if she could upgrade the thing to windows 8.1 or 10? told her I would check, ran a quick compatibility test win 8.1, not a problem, but some of her software won't run on it and she will have to reinstall it , she gave me the software back up USB and of I go reinstalling her software.
All is going well, then one after the other everything is trialware.

All good I ring the woman and ask her for the product keys, she tells me the nice young man said they were all on there.
By this time as you know I had a head full of steam and was going at 100kph and was running out of both time and patience.

So I decided to run Hijack this, you wouldn't believe the log.

All the software on that he already installed was cracked patched you name it.

Coup de gras what do I find? KMSpico

When she comes to collect her computer this afternoon, she will not be happy, but I'm not going to charge her a cent, she has already paid enough.
He had the hide to charge her $180 to set up her pc. What a creep.

I feel so bad for her.

Thank you so much, Jo, for your help in this If I could get my hands on this kid he would know it.
The poor old girl is 68 years old and on a pension, that is disgusting.

Back