WIN98SE Freezes when i Try to remove Partitions

By ReaXtion
Nov 18, 2005
  1. Ok So im messing around wiht this Old pentium 3 That my friend gave me i go to reformat because he says there something wrong with it well it gets 8 % into removing the partitions and FREEZES ive repeated the process like 20 times everytime it gets to 8% it freezes please help
  2. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

What are you using to partition with? FDISK?

Either the drive is bad, or you perhaps need to "zero" the drive before partitioning. Go to the manufacturer's web site of the drive, they almost all have a utility you can use to do this. As well as tools to check for errors. Because you can't use scandisk without a valid partition and format.

Good luck, and welcome to Techspot!
  3. ReaXtion

ReaXtion TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yea thanks man i really appreciate it

Thanks for the invite man and for the info im hoping that will work but will the utilities work with like even if theres no OS on the drive thats the bad thing about it
  4. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 482

They are designed to prep a drive for a brand new OS installation. In short yes it will work, the utilities don't care if there is data there or not.

patio. :cool:
  5. ReaXtion

ReaXtion TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks man
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.