WinAntiVirus Pro 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

Do I have the WInAntiVirus Pro 2006 spyware on my computer? I saw a popup for it today, and I have had some quite horrible things happen previously after seeing it. The popup wouldn't be wierd except that I use firefox and I NEVER get popups unless I have spyware (I'm not exagerrating when I say NEVER, i actually have never had a popup except the times I have had spyware). My HJT log is posted below. I just want to know if I have any spyware or not so that I will know if I should revert to my previous Disk state using norton ghost.

Your HJT log is clean.

Do the following and see if the popup goes away.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Messenger

Close the services window.

Reboot your system.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of MetalX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks howard! I'm glad I don't have any spyware. Also, I did what you said there with the messenger and it was already disabled.

The thing is, if your getting Winantivirus popups, somethings not right.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of MetalX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back