Windows 10 Repair Upgrade Repair

holdum323

Hi I'm going to start this thread because I have recommended this on several occasions, and on several help forums, I thought maybe I should practice what I preach, and so I actually preformed this procedure tonight. Well after 2 hours +; the procedure completed. I have never seen anything like what I observed during this process. All I know at this moment is that the Repair Upgrade Repair completed. Every thing seems to be normal and working. I lost no Apps or settings that I know of. I will know more latter. (PS I have had a couple of drinks, so maybe it's better if I reply latter. If I have any problems, I will let you know.
Here's my prayer to night. ( I'm hoping W10 MS people have some people that have a clue about all this BS about upgrading to W10. I loved W7, but I'm willing to except W10 if the people on MS have a clue about this upgrade, and want to share it with us users. The sad part is that they will not send one of their big timers to join us on techspot and help us understand what their goal is. I'm hoping W10 is a good thing for us Windows users. I'm going to get off my stump now. Techspot is a great forum and I'm happy that you have allowed me to have my say.
I realize that I'm no longer welcome on your forum MS. That's you loss. I am who I am.
I'm sure I'm in big time trouble here on techspot also, but I have to be myself. That's the only way I know!
Here's link from Andre Da Costa about how to do a repair upgrade repair. Andre know these things.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/35160fbe-9352-4e70-9887-f40096ec3085
PS Here's another one of my my heroes that knows these things.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Last edited:
You only need to do this (Repair upgrade Repair) If you are having problems that you you can't repair with a normal procedure.
If you read the links I provided, then you will understand when you should use this procedure.
PS I'm here on techspot to learn new things and hopefully pass forward things I have learned from others.
What you see is what you get.;) I'm holdum 323!

Oh by the way @captaincranky is one of my heroes here on techspot. The reason being is that he is who he is. I admire someone like that. There are too many phonies in this life. Yes! This reply is a little off topic on this thread, but maybe it will survive.;)
Give the Repair in Place upgrade a shot if you're having problems with W10 that you can't fix. Let me know how things go for you!

Last edited:
Hi! The windows 10 Repair in-place Upgrade went like I thought it would. I didn't lose any Apps or data and it seems my PC works a little smoother then it did; maybe just my imagination :D. I did lose some updates, but that wasn't a big deal. I now how all the updates and PC is running well.
Windows 10 has many ways to recover and I'm trying them all out. Once users learn all these ways to recover, they won't need us as much. Maybe not at all. What will I do then? Where will I spend all my time? Windows has a Refresh, Reset, Repair in place and here's another one I found. All these and Advanced Startup. How many ways do you need to recover W10?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...defender-track-your-device-performance-health
I realize there aren't very many W10 fans here on techspot and I'm not trying to win anyone over. I'm just sharing what I've learned and passing it forward,and(y) hoping I can make a decent hand here on techspot forum some day.
Let me know your thoughts!

Hi I would really like to hear what @jobeard and @captaincranky think about this thread. I would like to hear what anyone thinks, and if you have any thing to add,that would be greatly appreciated.
PS! Your best defense is a back up image of your OS with a 3rd party image program. Then you will be fearless like me.:D(y)
Here's another way to recover W10 by HTG, and this would be the place you might want to start.
https://www.howtogeek.com/131916/ho...artup-options-to-fix-your-windows-8-computer/

Hi You haven't created the W10 Media creation disk? Shame on you! Here's link. Do it and put it in your desk drawer. Please keep it updated.;) There's also ISO files for other windows OS,s here link. How easy do you want it to keep your windows running. Put forth a little effort and be ready when problems turn up.:D
PS I'll still be around to offer my suggestions, if you don't want to be prepared for a disaster that will come your way some day.;)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/

Last edited:
I hope everyone heeds Holdum's advice and makes the current media creator cd but I also hope they wait until late tomorrow as the new Spring version will be out tomorrow the 10th of April.
Also lets all wish Holdum in public a happy 80th birthday and I realize this is mightily off topic but its for a good cause!

Attachments

• happy-birthday-to-you.png
    happy-birthday-to-you.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi @Rich M Thank you! Good idea to wait until the spring version comes out. I just copy over the top every time a new version comes out.

Also lets all wish Holdum in public a happy 80th birthday and I realize this is mightily off topic but its for a good cause!

No thanks I don't trust him and no one has solid proof if its really an old man behnd that keyboard or some aged *coot* that keeps trolling us since he registered.

So Techspot is falling into another BFF Social site? IMO, far too much hurrah between you two.

Reducing the NOISE level is always helpful to understanding. In fact, there's lots of information on Signal/Noise level control and it goes back to the advent of FM transmission in preference to AM.

see also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal-to-noise_ratio

Signal-to-noise ratio is sometimes used metaphorically to refer to the ratio of useful information to false or irrelevant data in a conversation or exchange. For example, in online discussion forums and other online communities, off-topic posts and spam are regarded as "noise" that interferes with the "signal" of appropriate discussion.

@MaikuTech update

Last edited by a moderator:
Back