Windows 10 Up-gradation fee

Laila Hussain

I heard from one of my friends that after the 29th July, 2016 no one will be bale to upgrade on Windows 10 free of cost. If it is true, then how much Microsoft gonna charge for the up-gradation?

I'm sick of folks complaining about the the free upgrade. I hope Microsoft make it more than a token fee.

I'm sick of folks complaining about the the free upgrade. I hope Microsoft make it more than a token fee.
If you have been sick of, then please you don't need to answer simply ignore. The purpose of this forum is to reply each and everyone query with humble and patience which are not looking in you. Sorry for some hard words but Its true. :(

"If you have been sick of, then please you don't need to answer simply ignore. The purpose of this forum is to reply each and everyone query with humble and patience which are not looking in you. Sorry for some hard words but Its true."

I'm trying to learn a foreign language too and find it difficult. Google translate has let you down as it will most times Your post is in pretty poor English and it's difficult to make sense of what you are asking. As you have an OS that will allow you to upgrade to Windows 10 it's free until the end of July. If you want to do so it is not sensible to wait until you have to pay a fee for the privilege. My suggestion is that you upgrade to Windows 10 now for zero cost. Second guessing Microsoft's future pricing strategy is of no value here.

Last edited:
Yeah , I got that too . it is not free after 29th,July 2016. so if you want to upgrade now , it is free now.:) . I did not know how much it will cost if Windows 10 is not free .

I heard from one of my friends that after the 29th July, 2016 no one will be bale to upgrade on Windows 10 free of cost. If it is true, then how much Microsoft gonna charge for the up-gradation?
From what I've read is it starts around $199.99 & goes up depending on ??

$199.99, is $199.99 too much for that POS. Microsoft can keep it. In fact you couldn't pay me $199.99 to install that junk.

I am not running it, thats the point. Will never install it again. 7 will be the last OS from Microsoft that will be on any of my PC's, unless they change drastically.

The term showing its age is not to be interpreted as visuals. It's a term that generalizes all aspects of the OS.

And for the record I do still like the visuals of Windows 7 over Windows 10.

Do you mean all of the ridiculous metro apps, lack of a decent control panel, or rather one that is not buried so deep that it takes 3 clicks to get to it, or a calculator that requires a click to make it an active window, before you can type? Or cortana? or the complete lack of control over your own PC? Then, yes I suppose it is showing its age. As far as aesthetics, windows 10 is a joke, and looks like a Fisher Price OS. ( For younger viewers, Fisher Price makes childrens toys)
Sorry for the rant, said my peace, now back to other things.

windows 10 is a joke, and looks like a Fisher Price OS. ( For younger viewers, Fisher Price makes childrens toys)
Sorry for the rant, said my peace, now back to other things.
There was a ton of hate for XP back in the day, if we hadn't switched forum software 3 or 4x since then you could go back and see. It was very much called a Fisher Price OS (XP). Blue taskbar, green rounded start menu button all in contrast to the sharp lines and grey of 2k and 9x, XP looked WAY more 'Fisher Price' than 10 does.

As I posted earlier in this thread, I believe its around $199.00 for startes depending whether its Home edition or ??

Buying 26 Jun 2016 in Canada, Windows 10 Home is $140 CAD, Windows 10 Pro $220 CAD. Don't see any reason why these prices would change after the free upgrade offer ends

There was a ton of hate for XP back in the day, if we hadn't switched forum software 3 or 4x since then you could go back and see. It was very much called a Fisher Price OS (XP). Blue taskbar, green rounded start menu button all in contrast to the sharp lines and grey of 2k and 9x, XP looked WAY more 'Fisher Price' than 10 does.

Xp still looks fisher price, but the leaps and bounds it made over the previous OS's, (ME, 98) was enough to make people switch. The same cannot be said from windows 7 to 10.

Windows 7 is good. I really like 10 now after working on several new machines I have installed in some peoples houses and set them up. I am going to make the switch soon. I actually like it better. It just took some time.

For those that think Windows 7 is showing its age.

View attachment 81588
I laugh when people say Win7 is showing its age. Honestly, has development in Win10's Unified Architecture taken off? We all know how laughably unsuccessful Metro was. And how WPF development has stalled. Microsoft has ADHD when it comes to future development platforms. There's no stability, poor vision, no real leadership.

If you have a multi-million or multi-billion dollar company, here's a good question. If you are developing applications atm for the Windows ecosystem and want to pick your next technology, what direction do you go? I'd wager 99% of the time, you will want a web based front end technology right? It would be crazy to pick an architecture that only works on Win10/WinPhone!

So Win7 looks pretty good. It just so happens to support web based front ends just fine!

There was a time dating back to Windows 95, that I could not wait for the next generation of windows to come out. So much so, I was installing alpha, and beta builds, just to see what they were like. I remember WinBeta being only an IRC channel, and that was the only way of getting a hold of the incremental builds that came out. Since the metro abomination, I have had no desire to go any further than Windows 7.

Back