Windows 2000 professional won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booted from my win2k CD and went to Setup. Press F8 and accepted EULA. Then chose to repair the selected Windows 2000 installation. Setup copied files to the win2k folder, then it initialized the win2k configuration. PC was then rebooted. Got win 2000 gui at starting up of the OS. After gui screen nothing appeared and win2k failed to start.
The hard drive passed the following tests with SeagateTools for Windows: Short Drive self Test, Long Drive Self Test, Perform a sequential short read on the drive, Perform a sequential long read on the drive.
How can I fix the OS?

Hi

can you log on in safe mode? (press F8 after initial POST screen)

In safe mode uninstall grafics drivers and then try to reboot...

Entered safe mode and windows 2000 Setup Wizard started. Completed wizard installation of win2k. Previously I had tried a repair install to fix the OS. However after Setup copied files to the windows folder and PC rebooted Setup could not restart after windows 2000 gui screen. Booting to safe mode has made this possible. Thanks for your suggestion.

The following errors occured while Setup Wizard was installing windows 2000 components:

1. COM+ Setup Error
Sub-component COM+ raised an exception while processing the OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message
..\csetuputil.cpp (line 3419)
Error Code = 0x8007007e
The specified module could not be found.
Failed to load the library 'C:\WINNT\System32\DCom.dll'

2. Windows - Driver Entry Point Not Found
The \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\DXAPI.SYS device driver could not locate the entry point KeIsAttachedProcess in driver ntoskrnl.exe

3. Windows - Driver Entry Point Not Found
The \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\atinrvxx.Sys device driver could not locate the entry point StreamClassStreamNotification in driver STREAM.SYS

setup -8876480.exe - Application Error

Thanks again for your great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back