Windows 2000 won't boot after windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.

simo145

I just finished D/L a windows update for windows 2000 (for my other computer) and was prompted to restart, so I did this. When it restarted it refused to boot after getting past the bios screen (screen is blank/black).

So I try booting from safe mode (pressing F8), I manage to get into the menu and I select "safe mode" i then press enter and it prompts me to choose operating system, the only O/S i have installed is win 2000 professional, but when I try and press enter, my keyboard does not respond (ie can't press enter, no response by pressing num lock etc).

It's not my keyboard at fault (i think) cause i can press f8 in the first place, but computer just freezes up when i try and press enter to activate safe mode.

I don't have a windows 2000 cd or bootup disk, what are my options?

I'm guessing the windows update stuffed up my system?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like your kernel program has been corrupted. You will need to replace NTOSKRNL (at any rate it will do no harm), and for more info in general about boot problems in Win2K, google for exactly this : 'ntoskrnl Win2K'.

Without a Win2K CD you might have a bit more trouble though, but youre not the only one with that problem to surmount!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back