Windows 7 and dead CD button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeLuck

Hi all,
I just installed Windows 7 ultima and everything went perfect except after it ran the desktop for the first time for some reason my CD drive has stopped working from the button on the front.

If i go into my computer and select eject, it does so, when i put a cd / dvd in i have to puch the tray in by hand and then double click the drive from my computer for it to load/read.

All the auto starts are on so i cant understand why this has happened, any ideas ?

I reinstalled and its no different and i have checked all the cables etc and device manger states its working properly so i am stuck ?

thanks for reading.

Lee.

The CD Drive eject button does not require Windows installed
The button is designed in the drive itself to eject the media, even if its not connected to the computer (it just requires power)

Therefore your CD Drive (hardware) must be faulty. Please replace

Hi all,
I just installed Windows 7 ultima and everything went perfect except after it ran the desktop for the first time for some reason my CD drive has stopped working from the button on the front.

If i go into my computer and select eject, it does so, when i put a cd / dvd in i have to puch the tray in by hand and then double click the drive from my computer for it to load/read.

All the auto starts are on so i cant understand why this has happened, any ideas ?

I reinstalled and its no different and i have checked all the cables etc and device manger states its working properly so i am stuck ?

thanks for reading.

How old is that PC? CD/DVD should last 3 years of heavy duty usage, but these drives do fail more lately.

Lee.

when booting up i noticed some time ago that i was getting no update success from the verifying dmi pool data, is this something to do with it ? as straight after that it says booting from cd ?

Something is a miss cos i cnt boot from cd even though it tells me it is doing.

I want to reinstall W7 so i can delete the OEM partion but when it reboots, it says booting from cd, i hear t start to spin but then windows 7 loads and noting else happens, i cant get the install to run unless i double click the cd itself, and installing W7 that way doesnt allow me to delete partitions ?

Something is very wrong i feel lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back