Windows 7 Successfully Installed on UEFI PC Won't Boot

LENOVO IDEACENTRE 14ARE05

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4600G with Radeon Graphics 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM: 32,0 GB (31,3 GB usable)

Storage: 2TB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe NVMe + 2TB HDD 7200rpm 3.5"

OS Dual Boot in SSD M.2 2242 PCIe NVMe: Windows 11 (1500 GB) and Windows 7 (500GB)

I made a 500 GB partition on an SSD disk where it runs Windows 11 and installed Windows 7.

After installing Windows 7 the computer restarts and Windows 7 boots up, but it doesn't progress to the desktop restarting and repeating the restart until I stop.

Windows 11 continues to run smoothly.

You can see the steps through the screenshot of the attached pdf.

OS Dual Boot in SSD M.2 2242 PCIe NVMe: Windows 11 (1500 GB) and Windows 7 (500GB)

I made a 500 GB partition on an SSD disk where it runs Windows 11 and installed Windows 7.

After installing Windows 7 the computer restarts and Windows 7 boots up, but it doesn't progress to the desktop restarting and repeating the restart until I stop.

Solving startup and booting issues like this can be challenging, but by following some steps, you may be able to resolve the problem. Here are some suggestions you can try:

1. Boot Priority Check:
    • Ensure that in the BIOS/UEFI settings, you have correctly set the boot priority. Make sure that the SSD (where both Windows 7 and Windows 11 are installed) is chosen as the first boot device.
  2. Windows 7 Repair:
    • Boot from the Windows 7 installation media and select the "Repair your computer" option. Then, open the Command Prompt and use the chkdsk command. This helps to fix disk errors.
  3. Windows 7 Boot Repair:
    • Use specific boot repair utilities for Windows 7. You can try repairing boot files using the "bootrec" command:
      bash
  • bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
  • Windows 11 Repair:
    • Boot from the Windows 11 installation media and use built-in tools to repair the system.
  • Check for Hardware Issues:
    • Sometimes hardware issues, such as faulty RAM, can be the cause of such problems. You can test the RAM using Memtest86 or another RAM testing tool.

Back