Windows 7 Ultimate updates and SSD question

flygamer1

I have a 128gb samsung SSD. I was wondering what updates I can remove to get more space on the SSD because windows7+all updates are currently using half of the SSD space and somehow only 119gb of the SSD space is displayed so I'm guessing that 8gb is reserved or something.
I'm currently removing the extra languages and those are giving me and extra 5,5gb space

Somehow I think you have more installed than Windows and updates. Internet Explorer, Bing Bar, and Bing Desktop are the only updates I have hidden. All other Windows Updates have been installed. I wouldn't put all the blame on WIndows, if you have an install using 60GB.

[CENTER]CDRV.png [/CENTER]
Anyone with more than 8GB memory and still has Pagefile and Hibernation, by default has more than 16GB used by these two files alone. I recommend using them only if needed. I personally don't need them and have removed them both.

Check and see if you have a Hibernation file. If you don't use hibernation features, the file can be removed.
Windows 7 – Delete Hibernation File (hiberfil.sys
To turn off or disable hibernation, type the following command at the prompt:
powercfg –h off
This will disable hibernation and will remove the hiberfil.sys file from your system.

Monitor your memory usage and if you have more memory than you ever use. The Pagefile can be minimized. I currently have mine turned off, with 8GB installed. But caution though if you turn the Pagefile off, Windows will not be able to compensate for a shortage of memory and the Windows session will crash. While I am comfortable not using a Pagefile, I do not recommend others do the same until they are comfortable doing so. I recommend lowering the Pagefile size to 1GB, and if Windows needs more, the size will be automatically adjusted.

Back