Windows 8.1 Activation Issue

Hello guys!!
I am actually new here. I bumped into this forum when I was searching for a tech forum where I can get a solution to computer-related issues. Now, this is my present problem: My windows 8.1 OS get expired and there is this ACTIVATE YOUR WINDOWS message pinned at the right-hand side of my laptop. Microsoft Word and Corel draw packages also got outdated. Is there a way to freely update these packages without spending money?

This wasn't a popular OS so we don't have as much experience with it as we do Win10. There is no reason for your Windows 8.1 to just expire. Did you do a reinstall of Windows 8.1 that brought this on? If you get a message like that it usually fixes itself the next time you are online. Have you been offline a long while?

This wasn't a popular OS so we don't have as much experience with it as we do Win10. There is no reason for your Windows 8.1 to just expire. Did you do a reinstall of Windows 8.1 that brought this on? If you get a message like that it usually fixes itself the next time you are online. Have you been offline a long while?
I use the laptop on daily basis because my work is online. Just got to a point where I can't even save any Corel draw documents or export files. Microsoft Words package is out of date too. The message is for me to enter the system Activation key to reactivate the windows. I have done this for 5 years now (once every year) but paid someone for it.

This time, I want to learn how to do it my self. That's what I want, sir.

In my experience the product key for Windows 8.1 was embedded into the BIOS and there was no need to enter it manually. As for Word. If it is truly an old copy of Office I guess it could tell you it is out of date but again....in my experience that doesn't happen unless I try to reinstall an old Office version. Do you happen to know which version of Microsoft Office you have? 2019 is the newest version.

Back