Windows 8.1 multi monitor

Deltree

I have an E3D420VX 3DTV at 1080p which I use as my main desktop plugged into my (sad) HD 5770 GPU. I also have an ASUS VK426 1080p for my second screen plugged into HDMI on MSI Z97 Gaming 7 mobo, using the latest Intel drivers from Intel Driver Update Utility. With Windows 7 it worked flawlessly, now I use Windows 8.1 and although I can see my mouse cursor clearly on the second screen all other visuals are totally borked. Can anyone help me fix this? I have the 5th episode of my youtube show due in 2 days! Could really use my second screen. Ugh!

Also, my GPU and Intel drivers are the latest for windows 8.1-64bit, and I did enable the integrated graphics in my bios and applied the full GB of ram to it as well, same as I did with Windows 7.

Last edited:
So the monitor connected to the motherboard's integrated graphics port is clear, and the one connected to the HD 5770 GPU is messed up?

Other way around. HD 5770, for being a hideous chunk of pure whack in my otherwise beast-*** system, is working fine. The integrated graphics stopped working when I switched to Windows 8.1 and installed the latest drivers with Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0. I can see my cursor on the Intel run screen, but everything else on that display is just crazy lines of color that react to things happening and nothing useful.

Back