windows boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, I have a problem when I boot windows xp pro and windows 2k sp4... it would start booting and then go to that screen that say windows xp professional and windows 2k pro respectively and the status bar on the bottom that would back and forth... but then displays goes off and hard disk indicator goes busy. And the computer just idles i.e. windows does not shows activity anymore. even restarting windows doesn't solve problem and again same thing happens. however windows 98 works without any problem.but The thing that works is if I boot it under safe mode . under safe mode both xp pro and win2k sp4 works. i even tried it by formatiing hard drivd and then installing windows. at the time i install this os it works fine without any problem but after some time say 1 hr or 2 hr same problem occurs and windows doesn't boot. Earlier there were no any problem and both os were working fine. I haven't installed any hardware or software thereafter. my system config is as follows :
processor - intel p3-750mhz
ram-256
vintron motherboard with intel 810 chipset
40 gb seagate 7200 rpm hard drive

I am open for suggestions that would work... waiting for your valuable suggestions..

thankz

Sounds like problematic hard drive or ram!!

Google and get memtest first off and run it for atleast 7 passes!!

problem continues

i replaced hard disk to new one but the problem is same. also since i have two 128 mb ram . so interchanging the ram also not correcting the system i.e.
same problem in both the ram. so what should i do now? does it means that there is problem in board or processor.

plz help...

thanks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back