Windows Boot time at 2 minutes? Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

martindeck

My computer takes 2 minutes to boot and a minute to start up. What could be the possible problem and what could I do??

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

There are a number of possible reasons for a slow startup.
Viruses/malware etc.
Too many programmes starting with Windows.
A badly fragmented hard drive.
OS corruption.
A failing hard drive.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps. If it doesn`t, please post back.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I know I'm the newbie on the forums, as this is only my second post, but have you tried out Bootvis? I've used it multiple times, and though m$ doesn't say directly it'll increase boot times, the times I've used it, it usually does. If you run it correctly, it'll show you what things are taking certain amounts of time to load when you boot up, and from there you can usually figure it out on your own. My biggest delay was my AV, which I've since changed and saved about 10 seconds. Hope it helps!

Viruses / malware are all removed.
Disabled all startup programs.
Drive fragmented.
OS curroption, possible.
Failing hard drive, possible, but not likely.

I've heard of bootvis.exe, and I'm trying to figure out where it is downloaded from, www.microsoft.com doesn't have it anymore (i think)

All right. I'm gonna do everything said in this thread. I'll be back, maybe tommorow or the next day.

Hijackthis log

I'm sorry I posted a new post without editing. Sorry

Your system is infected with malware. I have therefore moved your thread to our Security and the Web forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of martindeck only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back