Not open for further replies.

smartjoe88

System:
Asus a8n sli deluxe
nvidia 6800gt
2 corsair xms 512mb ram
200gb western digital caviar SE 7200rpm
500 watt fotron power supply. 12V.

So the computer has been running fine for about a year now. I went on vacation for a week and when I got back I keep on get this stop exception.

STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x00000000, 0xb2000000, 0x00020151).
This behavior occurs because your computer processor detected and reported an unrecoverable hardware error to Windows XP. To do this, the processor used the Machine Check Exception (MCE) feature of Pentium processors or the Machine Check Architecture (MCA) feature of some Pentium Pro processors. The following factors may cause this error message:
• System bus errors
• Memory errors that may include parity or Error Correction Code (ECC) problems
• Cache errors in the processor or hardware
• Translation Lookaside Buffers (TLB) errors in the processor
• Other CPU-vendor specific detected hardware problems
• Vendor-specific detected hardware problems

Yadayadayada. The memory is fine, the temperature is fine, I cleaned out all the dust, reseated RAM, default settings (no overclocking), updated BIOS, and it still crashes. I included the last couple of minidumps, any help is appreciated thanks. The really weird thing is that it worked perfectly fine a week before and now it just randomly crashes.

Your minidumps all point to ntkrnlpa.exe , a needed windows file that could have been corrupted of disabled by a Worm or Trojan Virus. If you have no problems with a virus then try to just replace that file from your Windows CD. I found some info here that might be useful.

If I may just stick my nose in.

A bugcheck of 9C is a symptom of some kind of hardware failure, see below.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Of course the difficulty lies in diagnosing exactly which hardware is the culprit.

As this can be caused by any hardware, including the mobo.

Even though you have checked your ram, I`d still recommend trying a different stick. You should also check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Disconnect anything not required to run your system.

Just leave the mobo/cpu/hdd/videocard/1 stick of ram/psu.

If your crashes continue, then it has to be one of them.

Then, try a different psu and test etc.

The only way to test the cpu, is to take it to your local computer shop and have them test it for you. This should only cost a few dollars.

You might want to take a look HERE. You will find lots of useful info on computer crashes.

Good luck.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Now that you mentioned it, I did remove a Trojan before I left for vacation. Makes more sense than a hardware failure. But now I need scrounge around for a XP Cd. Ughhh. Is there another way to replace the missing/corrupted file?

Good news so far.

The last link given only works for XP with no service packs. However, the other forum linked had a floppy solution. I just copied ntldr and ntdetect.com from one XP computer to the other comppy and it works so far now.

Thanks for all the help. I love you guys. (No I'm not gay. Just happy that its back up.)

also if you have a sata2 hdd try connecting it to a regular sata connector. that worked for me if you insist the memory is fine. i have 2 brand new gig sticks and one of them was defective. try booting one stick at a time. this error is a pain in the *****

crap. i spoke too soon. I got another crash after i replaced the corrupted files.
minidump included.

They're getting more often too. Boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back