Windows crashing

By Austin Mahar
Aug 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Basically I was playing league of legends on my laptop. In the middle of a game windows crashed. No matter how many times I restarted, safe mode or not. It just would not stop crashing. I let it rest all night and it worked for a couple hours, then it started crashing again. I cant go on safemode either. I think the ram or harddrive may be ****ed according to research. Basically I wood like to ask. Is there any way to fix this without buying a new computer. I recently reformatted if that matters. Had to type this on a tablet.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,679   +153

The laptop may be over-heating over time. It may need to have the CPU thermal paste/pads replaced. Are you running the laptop on a desk, your lap or a carpeted floor when playing games?
  3. Austin Mahar

Austin Mahar Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 35

I play the laptop on a laotop table on my bed. How would one go about replacing thermals? Is it exspensive?

It usually runs like 12 hours a day, now I can barely get 3 after letting it rest for 5.

Also this started happening after a windows service pack dl. Also I had downloaded eden eternal, if thats relevant.
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,679   +153

Are all Windows Updates applied, including all the optional ones?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.