Windows did not start successfully

I get this problem with my computer every time it starts up. It asks me if I want to use safe mode, use last known good configuration, or start window normally. None of these work, and just loop me back to the same screen, what should I do?

Your hard drive or another hardware failure may be causing this. Can you or someone else attempt to install Windows fresh?

Your hard drive or another hardware failure may be causing this. Can you or someone else attempt to install Windows fresh?
I have no experience with fixing computers, and neither does anyone I know. I could try to reinstall windows, but only if it doesn't involve actually logging into the computer, which I can not.

Help! I am also having the same problem

Problem Screen:
We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows
Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 30

Efforts to solve:
1)Tried using Safe mode and Last known Good Configuration, but no success with endless reboot
2) Tried using Compaq PC recovery discs, but shows following error.

IMAG0149 (1).jpg

Same advise goes for you Broadway, but are you able to change the hard drive and re-install Windows?

Actually I tried one more time with PC recovery disc and this time it works to the end....however now it's showing hal.dll error.
Finally, I have contacted one local tech support guy and he gave me $69.99 estimate for repair. Probably I am going tomorrow.

Back