Windows did not start successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I need serious help.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows
Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 30

This message appeared. I have a Acer Extensa 2000 laptop and I have tried everything. I do not have XP CD recovery. PLease HELP ME!

dchadz17 said:
Hello. I need serious help.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows
Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 30

This message appeared. I have a Acer Extensa 2000 laptop and I have tried everything. I do not have XP CD recovery. PLease HELP ME!

Don't fret! If that's all you are getting and you don't say what the results of selection are, I'm assuming you aren't doing anything once you get that screen.

Just select Last Known Good Configuration, press Enter and that should do it. Failing that Start Windows Normally. In the unlikely event you have no luck then, try Safe Mode. Once in, and everything works ok, Log Off, Reboot and you should get back your normal Windows Desktop.

Windows doesnt start

Okay, I tried all that and it still goes back to that pages... also it take forever to start to load and then only goes about 1/4 of the way loading before it stops.

What now???

Have you installed any new hardware recently - especially USB? If so remove it.

When you boot into Safe Mode is it loading drivers....which is the last one on the list before it stops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back