'Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to get my Sims 2 game to work on my computer now for several days. The installation was successful but I am having problems actually playing the game. I can get as far as the screen that allows you to select which town you would like to play in. Once I select one, it will load and you'll think your going to get there but then the screen suddenly turns blue and an error message pops up:

"Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding
The nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft."

So after that happens, the whole computer is frozen. I have to turn the computer off by the button. When I turn it back on, no 'dialog giving me a chance to upload data' appears and I end up trying to run the game again. Same problem occurs every time. I've tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it, but nothing seems to work. Same problem comes up every time. I hope I posted this on the appropriate board. If not, I appologize. Anyhow, can anyone help me?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try updating your graphics card drivers, via the Nvidia website.

Also, make sure you are running DirectX9.0c You can get this via the Windows update site.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back