Windows does not read processor speed or RAM amount correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a liquid cooling system hooked up to my machine. I haven't been using my PC again until recently and I discovered that other people let the coolant run out. The PC had shut itself down as a precaution due to overheating. Ok I have filled the coolant and everything seems fine in the BIOS. My processor registers as a 3ghz Pentium 4 and that I have 2048MB of RAM. When I go to Windows > Control Panel > System > General tab, it shows my processor speed 3.00 Ghz but then has a 2.99 Ghz under that. I'm assuming that Windows registers this as running at 2.99 Ghz. Windows also registers my machine as having 2047 MB RAM instead of the 2048. Now this is far from affecting performance but I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and it's an annoyance when my computer isn't running how it should. Is it possible that there is damage to some parts even though the BIOS registers everything? Or is it just Windows screwing up (possible because of the automatic shutdown) and is there a way to fix it?

I see that all the time. That's perfectly normal. It's Windows :haha:
Nice machine, by the way

Any type of reporting mechanism is going to round your numbers off one way or another. Stuff like that bugs the crap out of me too, thats what my stress ball is for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back