Windows error

necee99

I have a windows 2 in 1 tablet that came with windows 8. I was able to upgrade to win 10 but never fully deleted previous windows. it says its deleted but my storage is holding on to temporary files that I cant delete. I have tried compressing files, file cleanup and disk fragmentation, etc . I even tried to restore it to factory but I get the error "there was a problem resetting your pc" and that some files are corrupted and no changes could be made. I tried running sfc/scannow as admin and I get the error that it cant be fixed. I have attached the screen shot. has any had this problem and fixed it themselves. please help this tech enthusiast. thanks so much.
windows admin file.png

I would try a clean installation of windows 10. having previously associated a microsoft account to your user and session of your current installation.

I would try a clean installation of windows 10. having previously associated a microsoft account to your user and session of your current installation.

Would that mean I will have to purchase a new copy of Windows. Windows 8 came with my tablet previously. Then they offered a free upgrade download to 10. I was never able to successfully remove the previous win 8. Even though now it says it is No longer on my system. But I think window 8is still there hiding.

Back