Windows Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from someone who has no idea whats going on.

Im having a problem with my a window popping up tellng me that Windows Explorer is stopping and 3 seconds later another window tells me that Windows Exporer is restarting...

It does this in a continuous loop. I can still access the internet but the window keeps popping up in the middle of the screen informing me of windows explorers status.

This issue occured after I allowed an unidentified program to be installed..(That will never happen again..) I have uninstalled the program but the problem persist.

any help would be MORE than appreciated..

Your system has a couple of nasty infections. I have therefore moved your thread to our Security and the Web forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Video Access ActiveX Object

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A6ACAE64-F798-4930-AD86-BD3FB32038DB} - C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object\isadd.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: Protection Bar - {84938242-5C5B-4A55-B6B9-A1507543B418} - C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object\iesplugin.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [user32.dll] C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object\isamntr.exe

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: homina - {df8c3aed-b58e-4bcb-96b3-aa1b7bbdbbd4} - C:\Windows\system32\oyopu.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Windows\system32\oyopu.dll

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of dearkarma only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

an issue

I am unable to follow the directions because even in safe mode the rebooting process continues (Windows Exporer has stopped working---Windows Exporer is restarting)

I do not have enough time to un-install the program before Windows Explorer stops and re-starts again.

I dont have enough time before it clears the screen.

Is there any other way I can access the program to delete it ?

Should I try

Jay

In that case, I think you should consider reformatting and reinstalling from scratch.

This thread is for the use of dearkarma only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Update..

OK I seemed to have fixed the forever ending stop/restart problem.
This is how I did it. I followed your instructions but I couldnt do it in procedure you gave me, just in case some one else has this problem I'll post my procedure.

After I turned on "Show all hidden files"

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A6ACAE64-F798-4930-AD86-BD3FB32038DB} - C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object\isadd.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: Protection Bar - {84938242-5C5B-4A55-B6B9-A1507543B418} - C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object\iesplugin.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [user32.dll] C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object\isamntr.exe

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: homina - {df8c3aed-b58e-4bcb-96b3-aa1b7bbdbbd4} - C:\Windows\system32\oyopu.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

After I performed this task the "continous loop of stopping and restarting" ended.

Now I was finally able to go into my ADD and REMOVE programs" and remove :
VIDEO ACCESS ACTIVEX OBJECT

From there, I went into my c: drive and deleted the bold files/or directories :

C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Windows\system32\oyopu.dll

I rebooted and everything seems to be fine !

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP MY FRIEND !

Im going to attach a HJT logfile shortly.

DK

Please visit this link http://virusscan.jotti.org/
* Click the Browse... button
* Navigate to the following file %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe
* Click Open
* Please let me know the results.

Please attach the Combofix log and an AVG Antispyware log if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back