Windows Freezes and Won't go past BIOS Screen

By wmac90
Jun 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Current specs:
    AMD Phenom 9850, Geforce GTX 460v2, 1 stick 2gb DDR2 crucial ram, 2tb seagate HDD, 120gb verbatim SSD, ASUS M3A78-CM.

I've had BSOD problems before, but found it was due to a fault stick of ram. I hope it's not this other stick of ram, then I would have to buy more ram now. My computer is always running cool and never overheats. I clean it regularly too.

Also it boots up normally when I let it cool down.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

"Also it boots up normally when I let it cool down"... Is the computer over heating? If so, try running the computer with the case side removed
  3. wmac90

wmac90 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hmmm, I'll try that. But I don't know where it could be over heating from. I just got a BSOD as well.
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Any minidumps? Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.