Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down

Hi everyone, after having my lunch, I come back to my desktop (which I left on) and turn on the monitor. I notice a popup that says Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down(BSOD)... So I googled this, but there could many reasons for my problem. This is the first time it has ever happened. The weird thing is though that I had my computer on and just shut off the monitor and came back an hour later. I did not even notice my computer had rebooted until I noticed my Firefox wasn't open and prompted me to recover the last web pages I was looking at.

I have the minidump file attached below. I also did the disk check and apparently there is no errors because it went smoothly. Do you guys suggest I back up my hard drive? I've been looking into some back ups for a while and was also wondering if what the difference is between a Western Digital Essentials vs Essentials SE. What does SE mean?
Thanks,
fobandi.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I didn't actually see the blue screen of death but was greeted with the pop up. I also didn't catch the error that was stated as I simply clicked on the "Find Solution" button. Also, I have Windows 7 if that helps. I've had this computer for a little over a year and have never encountered a problem like this.

PS. Does anyone know how I can attach the minidump file? It says my file has exceeded the size limit.

Did you or someone build this system or did you buy it from the like of Dell, HP, etc.?

Sorry fobandi I did not see your response from three days ago. Your issue is with the Nvidia video driver nvlddmkm.sys. Do the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I want you to do a search for a nifty little utility called SIW. It is free and quite safe. Install it to your desktop. When you double click it a screen will show up split in two with the right side the larger pane.

On the left side it will give you a list of icons. Click on the Hardware tab and then the video tab. The information will be placed in the right screen. We need to make sure what exact Nvidia card you have.

I want you to do a search for a nifty little utility called SIW. It is free and quite safe. Install it to your desktop. When you double click it a screen will show up split in two with the right side the larger pane.

On the left side it will give you a list of icons. Click on the Hardware tab and then the video tab. The information will be placed in the right screen. We need to make sure what exact Nvidia card you have.

I have a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS

Also my operating system is Windows 7 64bit

Back