TechSpot

Windows Media Player 12 and lyrics display

By bazz2004
Jun 17, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I’ve not used Windows Media Player for many years but have just set up WMP 10 in XP to display mp3 song lyrics. Rather pleased with the result I tried to emulate this with a similar arrangement on my Windows 10, WMP 12, laptop. It’s looking as if it can't be done. I’ve got a large area of the screen which shows visualizations / album art and a small section at the bottom where Lyrics Plugin shows the lyrics. It’s such a small section that you have to scroll the lyrics window to read the words of a song. This is vastly inferior to the way WMP 10 displays the lyrics in XP where the window is really large. Surely I’m missing a trick here?

2. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,232   +201

I was surprised to get no replies and was wrong about WMP10 being better than WMP12. It refused to play some mp3 files that play fine in WMP12. In addition I tried WMP12 on my W10 desktop and could view the lyrics in the main area of the player window. There's a button at the bottom right for View Full Screen which switches the display of lyrics between a narrow window and large view.

When I went back to my laptop running W10 I found that this button isn't working. I removed WMP12 from Windows Features then reinstalled it but that button still won't work. Is WMP12 buggy because I don't think there's anything wrong with my laptop? I can't be the only person on here using WMP12.

3. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,232   +201