Windows Movie Maker Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

giannantonio

Hi, everytime I start windows movie maker and start creating my movie, after a while it stops responding... then a window appears saying that i could send the error report for help, but when i re open wmp it doesnt responde again and again... its getting on my nerves, i even tryed to update it but when i use the microsoft update it says that i have no file to update, and when i read thr trouble shoot on iternet it says that if it stops responding it probably is an old version... but it wont update!!! here the version type

microsoft windows movie maker
version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr050301-1519 : service pack 2)
copyright 1981-2001 microsoft corporation
windows movie maker version 2.0.3312.0

Windows media player was killing me for a while until I uninstalled Service Pack 2 and reinstalled it. Give it a shot but Download SP2 to your hard drive don't use the auto update feature.

G'day Gia,

Hey'a Fastco :eek:)

Gia, they are up to Windows Movie Maker version 2.1. Having your Automatic Update feature turned on should update this automatically. If you try again to download for the the microsoft site, make sure you use IE as it wont let you use anything else. Also, make sure you allow the activeX controls to be installed when the security bar appears below IE toolbar. Maybe a resident security programme on your pc is interfering with the update?

As a last resort, if you have good virus/trojan protection, maybe you could try searching for a copy of movie maker 2.1 on one of those file sharing programmes, as you have a legal right to the update. I just had a search on mine, and v2.1 was listed there multiple times. I only suggest that because the Microsoft update site can be a pain in the bum!

Cheers,

Me

giannantonio said:
is limewire good enough?

My advice would be to stay away from any p2p programmes.

Even if the programme itself is safe enough, the download content is often virused.

We see plenty of problems in our security and the web forum, through the use of such software.

Regards Howard :)

Gia, I think they're much of a muchness. eMule is very good though. But as Howard has pointed out, there is potential for infection, so proceed at your own risk.

Cheers,

Me

giannantonio said:
Hi, everytime I start windows movie maker and start creating my movie, after a while it stops responding... then a window appears saying that i could send the error report for help, but when i re open wmp it doesnt responde again and again... its getting on my nerves, i even tryed to update it but when i use the microsoft update it says that i have no file to update, and when i read thr trouble shoot on iternet it says that if it stops responding it probably is an old version... but it wont update!!! here the version type

microsoft windows movie maker
version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr050301-1519 : service pack 2)
copyright 1981-2001 microsoft corporation
windows movie maker version 2.0.3312.0

I am having this exact same problem with the same version. I am in a time crunch to finish a video for a concert! Help!!!

Dear giannantonio

Hi there, I hope that by now you have solved your windows movie maker problem, I too have had the same issue, and after much searching and plodding along of my own, I have fixed it, all i did was went into WMM, then tools - options- compatability- then started to uncheck one at a time all the things in there, eventually I unchecked all of them, as I didn't have time to go through one at a time, hey it worked, I did what I needed to do with NO issues or crashes, phew!

Voila,:wave:

Sorry guys if I never replied.

...And yes I've fixed the problem: I downloaded it with Limewire, didn't find any viruses.

Now it's working perfectly but I must say that sometimes it still crashes.

I've learned that it crashes only when I won't let it load for example before I used to import a file and use it right away, now I import it and wait like 5 secs and it doesn't crash...

One tip everybody: be patient, don't let your computer override with tasks as it will block very often (well not if you have a super fast computer :p).

Bye

saving movie

Hey! Could you please help me on this - I've used WMM for plenty of times, but most of all for making movies from pictures with some audio in background. Now I've made a new project with a video files, wma files, I'm trying to do it for THREE DAYS. But it just won't let me to save it. I have all the files, all the required space, but it won't let me save the movie. It saves the project, but not the movie file. Can you please help me on this? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Liva

Hey! Could you please help me on this - I've used WMM for plenty of times, but most of all for making movies from pictures with some audio in background. Now I've made a new project with a video files, wma files, I'm trying to do it for THREE DAYS. But it just won't let me to save it. I have all the files, all the required space, but it won't let me save the movie. It saves the project, but not the movie file. Can you please help me on this? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Liva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back