Windows not loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightMare-

Ok i turn my nice Dual core 2.9 2gig computer on and it gets to the windows logo loading screen with the little blue bar sliding across the screen from left to right The thing is that thats all it does it never loads after only a few times
it has loaded everything seemed right but When i turn my comp off and reboot the next day the blue bar just goes from left to right again for AGES

Hi,

Boot the computer and press F8 until you get into the log-in options screen. First attempt to retore the system to an earlier date. If that doesn't work, Scroll down to Command Prompt and hit enter. Type in chkdsk /r and let it check the disk for errors. If that doesn't fix it you can either boot off of the XP cd and get into the recovery console and use the FIXMBR and FIXBOOT commands to repair the master boot record, if that is the problem, or download a boot cd like BartPE which has disk check tools on it. If none of that works it could be a hardware issue like bad memory of a device driver. Last resort might be to reinstall Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back