Windows not starting

UchihaLegend

Hello guys, the situation goes like this: I have removed my gpu for a while because the fan wasnt spinning and I had placed another gpu to test it but it was not working (no signal) (havent used the pc because I dont have integrated graphics)
Needed to transfer some files to my phone so I pluged my gpu that I used for about 2 years, I used it for about 10mins nothing serious and than unpluged it.
After some days (yesterday) I lubricated it with sewing machine oil and the fan is working now but its not attached to the metal part (I will attach photos) and pluged it, unfortunately no signal....and today I remembered that it might work if I swap the pc parts (ram,cpu etc) and as I though ....its working!!!
Buttttt the problem is that there is infinite windows loop, im starting the pc->the windows 7 starting animation-> freezing at it->auto restart -> I can choose the repait option but again the same thing... help me pls, I will buy another gpu in the future but I need the pc right now for school things.

Attachments

• IMG_20180318_114420_629.jpg
    IMG_20180318_114420_629.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0
Also the pc spec are
Amd athlon 64 x2 2.20ghz
4gb ddr2ram
Nvdia geforce 7300gt 128mb
450w psu
The motherboard is :K9N6PGM2-V

Also to mention I accidently broke one piece of the cpu fan holder and rn the fan is at the top of the procesor connected normaly and working perfectly (I lubricated it , broke it when I tryed to place it again...)

Attachments

• IMG_20180318_114635.jpg
    IMG_20180318_114635.jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180318_114610.jpg
    IMG_20180318_114610.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 0
Edit: replaced all parts again(probably the ram was the problem) and now its seems to work fine (dont worry about the gpu fan that is floating I will glue it to the metal shell as it was and hope to not get more problems...)

Hopefully, you have the heatsink fully seated, too.

I was going to suggest that perhaps in all of the on/off again you'd switched between ACHI/RAID/IDE or such in BIOS & it wasn't happy about. Glad you got it sorted.

Hopefully, you have the heatsink fully seated, too.

I was going to suggest that perhaps in all of the on/off again you'd switched between ACHI/RAID/IDE or such in BIOS & it wasn't happy about. Glad you got it sorted.
Bad for me but now I have another problem...after I start the pc everything is fine until it gets to the desktop first it is normal and than after a moment it goes like the pic below, and after this I get no signal for one sec and then blue screen and after it the pc restarts and repeat the same things again and again...also the psu fan is working hard and the gpu fan (again....) is not working even after its lubricated

Attachments

• IMG_20180325_131613.jpg
    IMG_20180325_131613.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180325_131623.jpg
    IMG_20180325_131623.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180325_131656.jpg
    IMG_20180325_131656.jpg
    819.7 KB · Views: 0
Stop code 116 => hardware problem with video card. First, try another video card. Remember to remove old driver with DDU and replace with new one. Turn off 'automatic restart on error' which can be either in BIOS or in OS - sorry, you have to look it up.

A defective fan could be the issue. Lack of cooling due to another cause is possible. Failing video card or failing slot on mobo could also be the culprit.

The defective formation of letters on the blue screen makes me think that VRAM (not GPU) is overheating. If you changed or removed the thermal interface pads between heat sink and VRAM chips, you would have this problem. If this is the case, then the unhappy news is that you probably have to locate buy and install new pads - it is unlikely that you can fill the gap with regular thermal paste. This material comes in several sizes - match what you have... (something like https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/thermal-pad.html ). Also, see http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/thermal-pad-alternative.787919/ and https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K04D3UK/?tag=httpwwwtechsp-20 .

PS I hate the 'pad' trick from the manufacturer - means that they can skip engineering to a fine tolerance. Has anyone found a better solution?

Back