Windows not working... Black desktop help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinpoche85

I've been having this problem. The scenario is that I have Windows XP and for about a month now I've been getting this message that basically says: "You may have an illegal Windows program...blah, blah, blah" Then it asks if you want to solve this problem now or later. Of course I always respond later...but the other day either myself or my cat must have hit the response to solve now. Currently my desk top is black. I have all the icons and I'm able to do everything on the computer that I'd previously had done but I know that windows is not operating. WHAT DO I DO? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Are you using a validated copy of windows? if your not windows tends to lock you out until you use a valid product key.

When you say that you can do anything on your machine that you previously could, does that include going online? If so, just do a search for some free wallpapers to dress it back up,or go to Control Panel,Display,and pick a new desktop. If Windows was not active, in my experience, you would not even get to the icons.

thanks for the info. but.....

I'm sure that windows isn't working for several reasons. One reason is because when the computer is on sleep mode the windows icon...or message...or whatever it is called doesn't come up. Another reason I'm sure that it's not working is that I was getting that mssg saying that I may not have an authentic windows application.

What I'm really afraid of is loosing all the information on the computer by reinstalling windows.

dab45

Are you using a validated copy of windows? if your not windows tends to lock you out until you use a valid product key.

How do you get a validated copy of windows AND MORE IMPORTANTLY....How can I install it without loosing everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back