Windows on F:\ ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought new system recently and HDD took a crapper. Have 2 SATA 120gb drives and C: drive was the bad one. Got replacement part and installed, but when installed XP I must not have been thinking because now all my data is on old drive, now designated C: and XP is installed on my F: drive. Will this cause me issues in the long run? Should I format F: and reinstall windows "carefully" this time to make sure it's on C:??? What the heck did I do wrong??

BTW, am noob when it comes to internals of system. Any help is appreciated

It will cause you no issues to have your system on f: , however I would reckon that your boot environment is on c: and its from there that your BIOS is pointed to boot from.

For the sake of good house keeping in the long run, given that you have just installed the system and probably it won't be any big loss to reinstall again, I guess I would reinstall. But no, it won't do any harm.

Thanks....didnt' think it would cause any big issues, just a headache now and then Will most likely do a fresh install again and make sure it's on C: ....should i take out the other HD to prevent any issues and then hook back up when XP fully installed? not much on it except personal files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back