Windows/sata problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been talked about but this might be a little different situation. I installed the SATA drive and windows xp normalyl and it was going good for a couple months. Then i dsicovered an older monitor that was bigger so i installed it. That same day i was fiddling with the graphics settings and it restarted. Now whenever i start up the computer it wont let me get into windows. Then when i decided that i was going to format the harddrive, i popped in the windows XP disk and it said that there was no hard drive recognized. I tried the whole F6 thing where i install it via a floppy, but that failed. So can anyone help me?

Can you enter the bios? if you can does the hard drive show up there? where is it that you were " fiddling with the graphics settings" was that in windows or in the bios? you might try resetting the cmos. the easiest way is to unplug the computer, hold down the power button to drain any residual power then remove the cmos battery and let it sit for 15 min or so. then replace the battery and plug in and boot up.

what make of hard drive is it? if you dont allready have it you might want to download the manufacturer's diagnostic software and run it to see what it says about the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back