Windows Stuck in Endless Update Loop

Phanixis

I recently formatted and reinstalled my Windows 7 OS. Windows has since detected hundreds of updates and has been installing them. Unfortunately, upon restarting Windows has informed me that it has been unable to install updates, and had to revert to old settings. Then when I shut down it attempts to install them again, only to fail upon reboot, revert to old settings, and repeat the cycle again.

I have disabled automatic updates for the time being, with the hope this will temporarily correct this problem, but I need a more permanent fix. Any advise would be welcome.

Thanks.

Go to your control panel in windows. Once it opens . Scroll down to the trouble shooting icon. Then click on it. Once it opens . Click on System and Security Icon. From here it should fix your windows update problems. Hope this helps.

That did the trick. By manually updating, I discovered 1 out of 144 updates wasn't taking, and because of that Windows was attempting to install all 144 updates over and over and over again. No idea why the one update wasn't working, something about Code 9C75. I will probably need to keep the automatic updates switched off, but at least I can manually keep it up to date now.

Thanks for the help.

Back