Windows Task Manager Keeps closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I followed the instructions but I wasn't able to follow some because I believe the virus/whatever that keeps closing my run > Msconfig and my Task manager is killing some of these processes like when I tried to install AVG there was always a problem with it, I was able to sucessfully install and run, Comodo, Combo fix, and Panda Antirootkit. But i had to run some of these in Safe mode.
I'm gunna run Hijackthis now, and AVG in safe mode. I'll post the results

If your having trouble on a particular step - skip it and carry on with the rest of the instructions.

For the time being get an Hijackthis log posted as an attachment.

Regards Jason :)

We are going to have to wait on the AVG to complete.

You will need to post another HijackThis log after the AVG is done cleaning and from normal boot mode.

We really don't need to see the log until after cleaning is done because some of the entries will no longer be there.

LayzNguyen - please use the "Edit" button - rather than making a new post when there are no other replies in between.

Thanks,

Regards Jason :)

Yes, and we need another HijackThis log from normal boot mode.

It will not show everything in safe mode.

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\ctrl_alt_azn@hotmail.com\Sharing Folders\shadowbladezakastewyhotmail.com\coconuT_v2-4-1.rar/coconuT_v2-4-1\coconuT_v2.4.1.exe -> Not-A-Virus.HackTool.Win32.Delf.bw : Ignored.

Why was this ignored?

No clue I put recommended settings
And whatever is doing this is also stopping hijackthis from running even when it's renamed

Download Pocket killbox to the desktop.

Once Killbox is open the Processes >>> which is near the top of the Killbox toolbar.

Look for coconuT_v2.4.1.exe and place a check mark in the box next to it and click End Task

Next copy and paste the file path in the below quote box into the field under Full Path of File to delete in Killbox.

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\ctrl_alt_azn@hotmail.com\Sharing Folders\shadowbladezakastewy@hotmail.com\coconuT_v2-4-1.rar/coconuT_v2-4-1\coconuT_v2.4.1.exe -> Not-A-Virus.HackTool.Win32.Delf.bw

Make sure that the Standard File Kill option is selected. (should be by default)

Then click on the Delete file button (it is the little Red circle with a white X in it)

If this does not work then click the Delete on Reboot button and try again, rebooting to complete the process.

See if you can get a HijackThis log attached now.

It appears some time has lapsed; sorry for the delay. Is it possible for you to post any fresh HJT/ComboFix/AVG AS logs? For the AVG Antispyware scan, you need to set all recommended actions to quarantine instead.

Regards,
momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back