TechSpot

Windows Vista Beta, A Good Option?

By EsTeBaNo
Sep 15, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello! Im Downloading Widows Vista beta but im not sure if its a good option.
    I've heard that they only give you 1 month to test it, but i got one serial when i was going to download it cause im a candidate or something, That means i wont have the 30 day test thing?
    Also wanted to ask how good its to play games or if its even compatible with Direct X 9, ZoneAlarm and Avast!.

Thanks a lot!

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

It's not a good option if you intend to do anything except try it out. Do not use it as a main OS.

3. EsTeBaNo

EsTeBaNo TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 100

Great Thank you very Much Didou!

4. agi_shi

agi_shi TS Rookie Posts: 507

Not to hijack, but what's with the "to june 1st" thing? How do they deactivate it if you have vista beta <something> installed (that is, with the keycode they give you)?

5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

I suppose it checks back with microsoft.com from time to time & maybe th elogin is deactivated after a while. I have no idea how they do it to be honest.

6. agi_shi

agi_shi TS Rookie Posts: 507

Hm... Maybe it's just the download that expires?

Technically I can run vista without the internet, or easily h4x0r it with my 1337z sk1lls :D and block microsoft in one way or another :D (j/k).

M3h, whatever.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.