Windows Vista Beta2 asking for a Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
I need help with the install of Windows Vista Beta 2.

I downloaded the Vista Beta 2 32 bit from this site. I burnt the ISO to DVD, and started the install. It is now asking for the Win Code Key that came with this version.
I have searched the site, but find no "trial" key to enter.
Any ideals where I go from here?
Thanks,

you should have recieved it by email if not it should have been there when u downloaded vista.

Too Late, I guess

I guess I waited to long to try it out. I went to MS, to register and get a key, but I found the following on MS.com.

Microsoft Windows Vista: Get It
Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista. The Customer Preview Program is now closed. We have reached our program capacity and no new orders are being accepted. No more Product Keys will be issued for this Beta program. We apologize for any inconvenience.
I guess that answers my question, unless someone has a spare key laying around!
Thanks for the help.

Ow well the full version of Vista is gonna be out soon. I've got a key but I've yet to download Vista. If your in the "playing with OS`" mood try Linux.

I know, i have a similar problem only with activation, i installed on my laptop first, but it didnt support a load of my drivers, so i installed on desktop instead, but it was activated on the laptop. Now ive got 13days to activate on desktop but it wont, microsoft dont want to know.

Attempted to get a new key, and i had missed the signup. My bad, so i'm playing with Vista until it expires, then deleting it and solely using FC5 :)

Microsoft have deleted the public release of beta 2

keys are all the same (as far as i know)

not sure if Techspot will allow me to post it?

So Howard! or any special forces out there let me know?

pcaceit said:
Microsoft have deleted the public release of beta 2

keys are all the same (as far as i know)

not sure if Techspot will allow me to post it?

So Howard! or any special forces out there let me know?

See my pm.

Regards Howard :)

I don't think they are all the same key. They used to be back along time ago when it was being developed right along with Server 2003, but I don't think they are anymore.

RC1 should be out soon, but I have no idea if its going to be public - you'd think a Release Candidate would be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back