TechSpot

Windows Vista the audio service is not running

By ap77
Sep 4, 2007
  1. i have windows vista Ultimate. i have no sound coz of Windows Audio Service won't start ( even its automatic or manually).

and Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio have latest driver instaled running fine on Device Manger. (This device is working properly.)

but on Sevices>>> Windows Audio Service i can't start/run windows Audio. Windows Audio Endpoint Buidler is running fine.

i have tried following 2 method but still not working
    1)
    windows Audio >> Properties >> logon tab >> i have check on "Local system Account"
    but when i try to start i get follwoing error
    Windows couldnot start the Windows Audio Service on Local computer.
    Error 1079: the account specified for the service is diffrent from the account specified for other service running in the same process.
    2)
    windows Audio >> Properties >> logon tab >> i have check on this account "Local Services"
    but when i try to start i get follwoing error
    Windows couldnot start the Windows Audio Service on Local computer.
    Error 1297: Aprevilege that the service require to function properly doesnot exist in the service account configuration. you may use the services microsoft management console (mmc) snap-in (services.msc) and the local security settings mmc snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration.

please help thanks

2. ap77

ap77 TS Rookie Topic Starter

here is event log error message. when i try run/start Audio Service on Services please help.

The Windows Audio service failed to start due to the following error:

The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.

System

- Provider

[ Name] Service Control Manager
    [ Guid] {555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}
    [ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager

- EventID 7000

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2007-09-04T00:11:23.000Z

EventRecordID 9309

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
    [ ThreadID] 0

Channel System

Computer LH-MESBNJ61IVSC

Security

- EventData

param1 Windows Audio
    param2 %%1079

3. ap77

thanks CC but that didn't help at all. i have install both 1 at a time but still Windows Audio Service won't start.

4. ap77

thx james. i have tried that again.
    Windows Audio EndBuilder is running fine on services.
    replacing the Audio Services file? how do i do this? what file do i need replace? do i need to do this on safe mode?

5. ap77

i downloaded the vista update

>> you could try downloading the latest VISTA update
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

i try to install i am getting following error message.
    " The Update does not apply to your sytem ".

i have windows vista ultimate. 32 bit

6. ap77

james thanks for u r kind help. that's only options i have i think reinstalled windows vista again.

7. es84

es84 TS Rookie Posts: 65

Hi ,

The vista AUdio services fail on 2 instances, one is that the service needs depenendeices that are off, go to service tab , then dependenices and chekc what all it lists, make sure that all of them are Started and on AUtomatic .
    Go to Event viewer there go to system , check what all services errors you see., start alll the services that are causing errors, I am sure you will have issues starting some of the services.
    Try doing a system restore. it works well in VISTA
    Incase system restore does not work , just run a vista repair . Use the DVD , but skkip the drive options to format , all your data will be there in the windows.old folder under C drive
    /just need to install the softwares . Thats the good thing about VISTA , you wont lose any personal information

8. es84

es84 TS Rookie Posts: 65

Before you run a repair , Try creating a new user account and check if that helps, that worked once for us .There was some thing causing corruption in the user account ,

9. rune2099

rune2099 TS Rookie

Hi,

I had the same problem with my audio, and came across this=>

http://courtneymalone.com/2007/08/28/a-note-on-vista-network-speed/

I went to control panel/Admin tools/services, then double clicked
    "multimedia class scheduler" which was disabled.
    I clicked "start" and my audio is now working, and have set this to start automatically.

hope this helps!

rune2099

10. brokenhead

brokenhead TS Rookie

actually, ive had the same problem just a minute before.
    thanks to your tip i repaired my pc.
    regards!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.