5. When it comes out

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. With your next computer

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
By cfitzarl
Dec 10, 2006
  1. Just wondering how many people were thinking about buying this. I read a few reviews that said the good surpass the bad. When's its release date anyway?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

I think I`ll wait two or three years before getting it. Hopefully the bugs might be sorted out by then lol.

Regards Howard :)

3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

I have gone for 4-5 years!! Knowing Microsoft it's gonna take that long to iron the bugs out!!

Think Howard is being a bit kind there!!:)

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

After one or two service packs.

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

I'm going to go against the grain here and say when it comes out. I'm likely going to pick up Media Center OEM (XP) from newegg with the free upgrade to Vista Home Premium, I'm basically getting 2 OSes there for cheaper than Vista Home Premium upgrade by itself. Although I'm not sure if the VHP is OEM, probably is :(

People will be running Vista much sooner than everyone says, I saw the same thing happen with XP. Only a few of you guys will actually hold off for more than a year.

6. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

I will be holding out for awhile. I see no purpose for Vista right now. Its a memory hog and requires some PCs to be upgraded.

All the hardware and programs I have is efficient for what I need and what Vista is coming out with.

Vista is a memory hog with pretty colors, wiippee freakin do!

7. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,975   +9

When I upgrade to Vista (I would say 1-2 years), I'll be upgrading my memory from 1Gb (coming soon) to at least 1.5Gb so I can have some extra room for the OS.

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

smore9648
    I bet Windows 2000 with SP4 does everything you need too.

9. smore9648

I already have 2gbs of ram. You should get it now and you wil lbe please with the performance

10. smore9648

I didn't like the instability of W2K or the registry

11. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,975   +9

I wish I could :) . I'm looking at 1Gb (2X512Mb in Dual Channel Right now), although my Mobo (Asus M2NPV-VM) is very, very picky with memory. I'm going to contact Asus to see if certain memories will work.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.