Windows was unable to connect to SSID

centrino207

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code.I'm using same name of the old SSID

When you click on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying.

Getting information from SSID. ( this sounds like good thing that windows 7 can see the router and talk to it)

Type in the network key. ( same thing looks like windows 7 can see the router and talk to it)

I type in the network key and OK.

Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name.

I have set up other computers and it can connect, but this one computer running windows 7 cannot. I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect!! So wrong pass code is not the case.

The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset.

When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks, I removed the old profiles in the list!! But I'm not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where.

Well because I'm using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I'm not sure why I cannot connect unless the windows 7 thinks I'm connecting to the old SSID.

I tried to restart the computer and no change.

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.

I removed the old profile in manage wireless networks.

Where else would I have to go to remove the profile or remove the old settings.

Do I also have to clear out the cookies, temp folder and cache?

That's it - - nothing to do with cookies, cache, et al.
only AFTER getting connected does the browser come into play and that wasn't your initial problem.

After forgetting the settings and rebooting - - can you now see the SSID and enter the passphrase to ge connected?

That's it - - nothing to do with cookies, cache, et al.
only AFTER getting connected does the browser come into play and that wasn't your initial problem.

After forgetting the settings and rebooting - - can you now see the SSID and enter the passphrase to ge connected?

When I click on SSID it comes up saying Getting information from SSID.

Than type in the network key.

I do that and than comes up saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name.

Back