Windows will not load after welcome page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Im new to this website. I would like some help if possible.

When I switch on my computer it goes through all the loading process. Then to the welcome page, I type in my password, it then goes to the desktop but then nothing happens all I can see is my background and nothing else. I have never seen this before. I would be grateful of any advice.

cheers

olly

it seems like "explorer.exe" is not loading. after the background loads, open task manager, go to "file, new task" and type in "explorer.exe." if everything loads after doing this, then some registries entries may be corrupt.

post back with results of the above suggestions.

this sounds like spyware. can you boot in last known good config. or safe mode??

As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8. you'll see a list of boot options, select last known good. if that doesnt fix it, then boot into safe mode, and see if everything loads normally.

i take it that N3051M 's suggestions didn't work. does safe mode with command prompt work, if you can get that to work, then hopefully, you add a registry entry manually to enable task manager.

the only solution i see as do-able is to repair windows using winxp cd, which will make your windows install good as new, and not delete your work.

BUT dodgy files may still be on your pc, although the registry should be good as new.
at least that way, you can boot into windows, use hijack this, and get rid of the problem.

for now, i suggest you wait for someone else to reply, and see if they have better alternative suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back