Windows won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dead:
i recently installed a new mobo cpu and ram with my old harddrives (2). the computer starts no problem then I get a screen with :

we apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully yata yata yata. It basically asks me to open windows in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration or normally. I have tried all of them and all my computer does is run with white lines horizontally at the bottom of this message and then (after like 30 minutes) gives me a blue screen with an error. I tried restarting from a floppy but the computer doesn't recognize it and my floppy drive green light is permanently on whether there is a disk in there or not. I also tried inserting the cd for windows XP in and nothing! I tried using only one hard drive the master in all its diferent configurations (slave, master, etc) and nothing.
What do I have to do?
Oh at one time it starts running these messages with multi (0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\... HELP!!!!!

your floppy ribbon cable is installed backwards, causing the light but no damage. you'll need to reformat and reinstall winodws, because of your recent hardware change. i'd use said drives on a different comp to get the data off if you need it.

to reinstall windows: go into your bios and set the boot order to cdrom first, then it will boot to the windows cd. after your first restart, set it back to the floppy, hard drive order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back