Windows won't log me in, logs out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Okay, first off, i'm new here, and came here in a panic :dead:

Okay:

Well, everything was going fine, i was just sitting on my desktop, talking to people on msn. Then boom. I get a little popup in the center of my screen, saying that soem windows sytem files have been replaced with non-system standard ones. It says to insert my windows xp system disc, and restore them to uphold the system's "intergrity". So i do that. It then doesnt give me any restore options, just install windows XP, and install extra components (and 2 other useless things). So i hit restart on the start menu, it restarts just fine, then it gets to the login screen. I click on my username (only 1, but i still like to have that screen), it goes through the whole, loading your settings thing, and shows the desktop background.

It then takes me BACK to the login screen, and says that it is logging me OUT, and saving my settings. So i try again, SAME THING! :dead:

So basically, it won't let me login. A few things, why would that pop-up suddenly show up!!? Second, help! (i'd rather not reformat my harddrive, because i have many important files on there!).

Raiden.

My windows xp logs out when logging in. This started three weeks ago when I was in Thailand on the back of a three year world trip. I thought best to leave it until I got back home.

Now I am home I have found that I need a windows xp disc to repair my system. I do not have one as I posted it back from Thailand and won't see it for three months which is a pain as I need my laptop now.

I cannot run my system in safe mode as I also get logged out upon logging in on that.
Apart from asking around for an xp disc is there anything I can do.

I have loads of photos on my laptop that are priceless and don't want to lose them.

Many thanks.

Steve.

I just read the thread for the first time just now, I did not see u give any specifics to OS other than XP. the fastest thing to do would be buy a XP DVD. one can be found here, just state in the search window what u need SP# and everything. IF u would reformat and reinstall u can find one with SP3 otherwise u will have to start over updating.

http://www.newegg.com/

Sorry, I thought there maybe heaps of threads like this though. I will follow the links provided by these good people, then if I have no luck I shall come back andhound you guys some more!

Thanks so far though.

PS, I don't know if I was infected, I just downloaded AVG and ran a scan. I tried to log on the next day to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back