TechSpot

Windows XP Factory Defaults Restore? Help

By engineer_88
May 22, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello

I want to restore my computer running windows xp back to the factory settings when i bought it.

I do not have the installation disks.

What can i do??
  2. kelapr6

kelapr6 Newcomer, in training

My name is April! I am wanting to d the samething. Did you ever get in help or useful info you might want to share with me. I have a Dell laptop.
  3. kelapr6

XP restoration disc needed!!!

My name is April! I am wanting to d the samething. Did you ever get in help or useful info you might want to share with me. I have a Dell laptop.
  4. luvhuffer

luvhuffer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 637

You should be able to purchase the restore disks directly from the system manufacturer.
  5. kelapr6

Yeah.... I know that... I was kinda hoping maybe I could find a free download or a quick fix that is not quiet so expensive. Thank you so much! Happy Memorial Day!!
  6. luvhuffer

luvhuffer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 637

Oh, they used to be like $10 but that was only Compaq and Emachines that I ever bought. And that was some time back. What is the problem you're having? Maybe we can help you sort it out without having to wipe and start over if you don't want. Would need a bit more info though. Like the model number? Desktop or laptop etc.?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.