TechSpot

Windows XP iand Outlook intermittently hanging, unable to join Interwise events

By ilanao
Jan 27, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am running XP Pro and the first problem I am having is that the system hangs intermittently. Sometimes if I wait 5-10 minutes, things will suddenly start opening and closing. If I hit CTRL-ESC, applications that I have clicked on after the freeze will appear on the screen and then freeze up. I run Ad-Aware daily and Spybot 2-3 times a week. I have scanned for viruses with McAfee (which I have currently uninstalled), AVG free, and TrendMicro. I reinstalled Windows yesterday and have also reinstalled all windows updates including SP2.

The second problem is with Outlook. After I enter my password, it starts receiving mail. When it is finished, it hangs. If I hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, the cursor pops up and lets me continue.

The last problem is with the Interwise program. Everytime I try to join or view an event, the error message "student.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." My son missed 15 minutes of a class on Sunday because we couldn't enter the event. I downloaded the Interwise program to my laptop and it runs fine.

My HijackThis log is attached. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
    Ilana
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.