TechSpot

Windows XP installation crashes half way through

By Jimbo_for_life
May 12, 2006
  1. I got Windows XP home edition with SP2 and during the install it says some files are not able to be found, ive tried running the registry but it wont open i was wonderin if there was another way to end the instalation of it, cause a fatal error comes up every time.

2. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're asking. Could you perhaps explain in a little more detail, and possibly offer any information that comes with the fatal error?

3. ultraviolet

ultraviolet TS Rookie

How far into the instal do you get? I get file not found errors, I had to switch to my back up copy of XP to load the missing file. Are you loading windows from BIOS or reinstalling when you're already in windows?

4. Jimbo_for_life

Jimbo_for_life TS Rookie Topic Starter

Got it done

I Was loading from system bios, it would go to the screen that says, installing windows and then a asms file error would come up, but i got it resolved now, i went and got a copy of windows sp2 from my friend, have no clue why my cd wouldnt load. Thanks JimbO!

5. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

Glad you got it fixed, however you did it. Even happier that you told us :) Thanks.

6. ultraviolet

ultraviolet TS Rookie

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.