Windows XP keeps crashing and crashing and crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated the BIOS and all the mobo drivers. I've replaced the RAM. I've ran AdAware, Spybot and HiJackThis.

I'm including the last 4 BSOD messages to see what all of you think I should do.

I'm running an AMD Athlon XP 2300+ on an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard. Nvidia GEForce4 MX440 video card and 1GB RAM (1-512MB, 2-256MB). Windows XP Pro with SP2.

Dumps 60704 and -05 both say Memory Corruption. Did you run a Memtest86+ like was suggested in your last thread? Did you switch your sticks arond in your slots? Did you test each stick individually?

Did you overclock and did you set the volatage correctly?

Dump 707-01 points to a hardware failure.

Dump 707 shows a Stop Errot of 0x74. Read carefully trhis link and the Cause.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539/en-us

I ran the Memtest86+ and received no errors after 8 passes. I did switch around the the memory sticks, which helped in that now the crashes aren't as frequent as they'd been. I have not overclocked and have not touched the voltage, which means they should be running at their default values.

The reigning wisdom on MemTest is a minimum of 10 passes. I know it takes a long time, but it is worth it. I strongly suggest running MemTest on each stick of RAM, one at a time in your motherboard with at least 10 passes for each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back