TechSpot

Windows XP Media Center Edition problem

By workkaholicc
Sep 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. So when I start up my laptop, it tells me that windows did not start successfully.

As soon as I pick a command, it blue screen.
    Can I do anything to fix this?

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,172   +37

What are Blue Screen error codes and do they list any drivers? Have you been infected lately? Installed any new hardware? How old is this system?

3. workkaholicc

workkaholicc TS Rookie Topic Starter

I can't read anything while it blue screens... it's like a blue screen flash, then I get redirected to where i started..

I'm on my ps3, I've been computer-less for about two years
    The laptop is about 5 years old... I think.

& no I havent been infected lately
    I'm sorry, that's all I know.

4. Route44

Can you boot via Safe Mode?

5. workkaholicc

workkaholicc TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes, I've tried all commands.
    Nothing works..

Do you think it's just a paper weight now?

6. Route44

Could be but can you find out the make of your hard drive? If you remove it it should tell you.

7. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Booster Posts: 903   +39

Here's something you can try. Setup a camera in front of the screen and start video recording, then start up your computer. Rewind the video frame by frame and hopefully the camera captured the blue screen along w/ the error msg. I haven't tried this on a computer but it worked when I tried to figure out the error code that flashed briefly on a Allen Bradley PanelView at work. I used my camera phone.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.