Windows XP not starting up

Jackiesp

Hi,

I'm not sure if I have come to the right place but I having troubles starting up my computer. Previously I was having problems installing Windows updates. I cleaned my PC and there was no virus or maleware present. My friend advised me to run a Windows Tweak program which I did along with the CD which came with my PC and when it was finished it requested I restart my PC. Upon restart it didn't load windows instead it said that the PC had some hardware/software changes and it gave me the option to start windows in safe mode or normally. At this point I was unable to select any option and my PC automatically prepared to start in normal mode. Before Windows load my PC shuts itself off and restarts again up to the point where it notifies me that there has been a hardware/software change and the options to start in safe mode or normal. Same again it would allow to select an option instead it starts normally, shuts down and restarts.

Is there some way I can access restore points or find some way of getting my PC working again?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

That sounds all too familiar to me. I would suggest you getting a good genuine copy of XP,(or other OS CD) start the pc up, go into the set up area I believe it is & set it to boot from the CD/DVD slot & put the install disk in, turn it off, wait 30 seconds & push the power button on. You might have tap the f8 key to start,perhaps someone else can help with that.
I've done it a few times on an XP but it might vary from pc to pc. Last time I did it it took me 4.5 hours. Good luck.

Back