Windows XP Pro Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragebflame

Hi,
I have been expierencing this problem for the last while. It can occur at any time put usually while playing games.
My pc will freeze completely and i need to restart it. Looking at the event viewer shows the same errors everytime

iokbde.jpg

The error information is the exct same with only the services varying

they are-
The Microsoft Monitor service
The Server Config service (x2)
The Monitor Installer service
The Center Image service
The Server Microsoft service

With the error text reading-

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7023
Date: 16/06/2009
Time: 22:41:31
User: N/A
Computer: NEW
Description:
The Microsoft Monitor service terminated with the following error:
Access is denied.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I really need to solve this issue. If any more information is needed plz ask me.

Regards,
Dan.

It sounds like an error for not enough memory and on NT based systems you need to load a network server (resulting in low memory)

go to the MS link in your post and it offers several scenarios that are generally about low memory resources

Thanks for your reply.
I have a few questions.

If i was to upgrdade to vista would it elliminate these issues ?

and, i have followed the ms link but i get lost quite honestly. Can you point me in the right direction ? :D

Some progress. I tried to manually start the mentioned services and i cant. I get an error 5: access denied

This is the message that appears in event log-

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7028
Date: 17/06/2009
Time: 02:34:14
User: N/A
Computer: NEW
Description:
The bjypes Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Bump, i really need to get this issue solved.

I have deleted them through cmd prompt but they just reappeared again. In the registray they are not located in the services folder but in legacy drivers.
The actualy names for the services are-
geeleg
buyuknp
and stuff like that.

Any ideas? Im stumpted.

There is a setting in XP that makes it where you get an error message instead of it rebooting, I belive if you get tweakUI it will help you set that. Also I belive you need to free up memory before you start your game so I recommend you try a program like game booster which will disable all the stuff you don't need to play the game (you choose) and then after the game it will start everything back up for you automatically.

Let's see if we can get you working! BTW, for the next time you want to use the excellent Event Viewer, this might be easier to follow:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:

• [1]. Click to open the log>
    [2]. Look for the Error>
    [3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
    [4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
    [5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
    [6].NOTES
    • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
    • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
    • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
    • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock on freeze.

For this Error:
    Event Type: Error, Event Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7023
    Description: The Microsoft Monitor service terminated with the following error:
    Access is denied.

• This monitors three forms of Service:
      [1] Monitoring service availability
      [2] Monitoring service reliability.
      [3] Monitoring service performance
    This Service is a convenience, not a necessity. basically, it's a centralized views of all vital Microsoft IIS performance data .

Event Type: Error, Event Source: Service Control Manager. Event ID: 7028
    Description:The bjypes Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.

From Microsoft:
    Causes:
    This behavior can occur for any of the following reasons:
    • The password is changed on the account the service is configured to use to log on.
    • The password data in the registry is damaged.
    • The right to log on as a service is revoked for the specified user account.
    Resolution:
    To resolve these issues, you can configure the service to use the built-in system account, change the password for the specified user account to match the current password for that user, or restore the user's right to log on as a service.
    Resolution directions begin here:
    Please follow the directions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259733

I think resolving one with resolve the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back