windows xp welcome screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismo91

hi i know that windows xp welcome screen automatically select the current user and what u need is just enter the password at the beginning if only 1 user available. what i mean is if i have only 1 user, the welcome screen should automatically *click* my user account and what i need to do is just entering password.

but whenever i enable my file sharing or install new home networking, visual basic, all of these make me need to click my only user account and this is very annoying. (i need to click my UA in order to enter my password instead of just entering the password). i found this very annoying because i need to use my mouse to click at the beginning or pressing tab 2x.

anyone know how to solve this problem? what i do know is after installing those, 2 new folders created hiddenly in documents and setting. and by the time i remove it, it were no use and the only way out is to do system restore.

Screenshot

You should first disable the welcome screen entirely to decrease boot time and allocate a password to your user. To do this go to start -> control panel -> users -> change the way users logon -> use the welcome screen. And disable it. Then change your account and add a secure password. You should make a note of this password and keep it safe so that you don't forget it later.

Next go to start -> run -> and enter "control userpasswords2" without the quotes. From the dialogue that opens uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer", then click ok. Another prompt will open, enter your username and the password you created before, and ok it. XP will now automatically log in that user and not use the welcome screen.

well i know that but it doesnt looks like your solution could *restore* my welcome screen. what i want is to restore it back without using system restore... if i did your solution, it will come back as usual windows screen (w/o welcome screen). and i didnt like it much.
ok nvm i think i should just avoid installing "that" and thx @caravel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back