Winrar extracting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

resu

a mate has just given me all his photos that he took since his 1st digital camera
he wants me to look after them and put them on a new hdd as his new computer is being built
the only trouble is .. in his infinite wisdom he winrar ed everything up
so when i extract the folders .. the subfolders are also winrar ed and so i have to go thru the process of creating a new folder in place of each sub rar folder
now i dont really mind this if its only on occasion but there are sooo many subfolders !!!
is there away of telling winrar to create a normal folder for each rar ed subfolder?
or do i have to do it the long way round?

cheers in advance

There are about 18 different .rar software, mostly free, that you can download from such sites as Downloads.com and www.majorgeeks.com... that will do the job easily and nicely. Good versions do not make you jump through hoops.

What we do is upon opening, we save them as zip files... if the space is really needed.

cheers .. ill have a sift through and hopefully find something at can help me

thanks again
:D

IF you have so many sub folders within a winrar folder/file you must do the following. You must first create a folder on the desktop than download the winrar program if you don’t have it. Next you must open winrar not by double clicking the file that needs to be unzip but by the program itself, so go to my computer-->Program Files-->winrar--> click on winrar icon. Locate the winrar file that needs to be extract and highlight every subfolder and click on extract to, extract it to the folder that was created on the desktop. Once done look inside the folder and if its still winrar files repeat the steps. If you can get it then I will be more than happy to do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back